Breaking Healthcare News April 25, 2012
- HITRUST announces cybersecurity center
The Health Information Trust Alliance, a Frisco, Texas-based organization focused on information security, has established a new center dedicated to cybersecurity within the healthcare industry.
- NextGen Healthcare parent buys Matrix Management
Quality Systems, Irvine, Calif., has acquired physician-founded revenue-cycle management company Matrix Management Solutions, North Canton, Ohio.
- Wishard docs group restructures
Indiana’s Wishard Health Services and more than 100 primary-care and hospitalist physicians on faculty at the Indiana University School of Medicine have formed a new organization: Eskenazi Medical Group.
- Preventive cardiology group names new president
The American Society for Preventive Cardiology has named Mayo Clinic cardiologist Dr. Stephen Kopecky as president.
- Locum Tenens doc group names Phillips president
The National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations elected Interim Physicians executive Frank Phillips as the group’s next president.
- EHR adoption still lags for small, rural practices: researchers
Adoption of electronic health-record systems remains higher among large physician groups and hospitals than among smaller ones, according to two studies published Health Affairs.
- Client ends contract with Accretive over attorney general inquiry
An inquiry into Accretive Health by Minnesota’s attorney general has prompted one client to end the company’s billing and collection contract.
Digest powered by RSS Digest
, daily headlines
, health law